SAN JOSE, California (The Adobo Chronicles, San Jose Bureau) – Move over FaceApp. Make way for Facebook’s gender identity online tool!
Netizens have been amused by FaceApp’s newest tool that can transform photos of males into photos of females. That’s now passé.
In celebration of Pride Month this June, Facebook has launched a new tool that will confirm one’s gender identity, sexual preference or sexual orientation, whatever the politically-corect term is.
Here’s how it works:
1. Log on to your Facebook account.
2. Click on “status.”
3. Type in “hashtag pride “ (#pride).
4. Click on “post.”
5. Check your post. If what you typed in appears in rainbow colors, you’re LGBT. If the characters are in black, you’re hopelessly straight!
MANILA, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – Senate President Tito Sotto can’t seem to hide his beef with members of the LGBT community.
During Senate deliberations on the SOGIE (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Expression) bill, he pointed out that gay men will never become women because they do not have ovaries and will not be able to reproduce.
Now, Sotto is calling members of the LGBT community “deadly sinners.”
On Tuesday, Sotto called the attention of the Department of Education (DepEd) after one of its regional offices issued a memo calling for the implementation and inclusion in the school calendar the observance & celebration of LGBT Pride every month of June.
The Showbiz personality-turned-Senator said that pride is still one of the “7 Deadly Sins,” as per Christian faith and tradition.
Ergo, those who celebrate PRIDE are deadly sinners.
Sotto’s comment didn’t sit well with many Filipino nationalists who questioned: “So those of us who take pride in being Pinoy are sinners? So everyone should stop using the phrase ‘Pinoy Pride’ ?”
Meanwhile, Filipino world champion boxer and Senator Manny Pacquiao challenged Sotto to a boxing match for his uncalled for comment. Pacquiao is often referred to as the “Pride of the Philippines.”
MANILA, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – The next time Filipino voters go to the polls to vote for party-lists, there will be new accredited groups to choose from.
The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) today announced that it has unanimously approved the following:
- The Kabataan party-list has been abolished. In its place, two new party-lists have been accredited: the Youth party-list and the Borderline party-list. The poll body said this would end all controversy and debate on who qualifies as ‘youth.’
- Two new groups representing the Filipino transgender community have also been certified: the Pre-Op party-list and the Post-Op party-list. COMELEC says this move will be better reflect the diversity within the community.