MANILA Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – He’s known in socio-political circles as the “master protestor.” It has been his full-time job to organize and lead rallies, mostly against the establishment, the Duterte administration included.
Renato Reyes is calling for a huge rally on Friday, January 31, this time to express all-out support for Rodrigo Duterte. The call was prompted by the President’s recent move to begin the process of canceling the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) with the United States of America.
The VFA allows the use of military and other facilites in the Philippines by U.S. forces and their entry into the country without the need for permits or visas.
Duterte has said he now wants to cancel the agreement in the light of the cancellation of the U.S. visa of Senator Ronald Bato, his close ally and former chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) which has led operations under the war on drugs.
Reyes is confident he can gather more than one million Filipinos for this rally to support Duterte’s decision.
Reyes and his allies in the Opposition have long been clamoring for the termination of the VFA, but their call have fallen on deaf ears.
With the impending termination by Duterte of the VFA, Reyes couldn’t be more proud, and shall we say, is claiming credit for it.
MANILA, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – As a public service to Filipino netizens worldwide, The Adobo Chronicles is starting a new series called “BISErbisyo.” This new feature will gather from our readers questions that they want Vice President Leni Robredo to answer. All questions — from legal to economics to math — are welcome.
Here’s our question for the week:
If you own a house and lot and your neighbor builds his house on his lot like this, who owns the extension part of your neighbor’s house?
QUEZON CITY, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Quezon City Bureau) – Philippines Vice President Leni Robredo’s much-ballyhooed report on her two-week stint as Co-chair of the Inter-agency Committee on Anti-illegal Drugs (ICAD) finally was unveiled yesterday.
While none of Robredo’s ‘findings’ and recommendations was earth-shattering, one of her revelations shocked many Filipinos. It even came with a bar graph.
Robredo claimed that only less than 1% of the estimated supply of shabu in the country had been seized in government law enforcement operations.
Asked by reporters who swarmed the Office of the Vice President at the Boracay Mansion in Quezon City for a delectable merienda (snack) treat what the signficance was of the number she divulged, Robredo said:
”It means that 99% of the shabu supply had already been consumed! In other words, there is no longer an illegal drug problem in the country. Duterte’s war on drugs can be stopped ASAP.”