ON BOARD THE PAPAL PLANE TO THE VATICAN (The Adobo Chronicles) – We at The Adobo Chronicles feel truly blessed for having had the opportunity to cover Pope Francis’ visit to the Philippines. More than One Million people viewed and followed our exclusive coverage in just the last four days and hundreds of Filipinos and non-Filipinos shared their comments, praised as well as criticized our coverage — all in the spirit of free speech and universal brotherhood and sisterhood. By the way, our coverage was brought to you by … Pepsi.
As we wrap up our coverage, we would like to share our list of top ten accomplisments of the papal visit.
- Political corruption took four days off. It’s now back to business as usual.
- President NoyNoy Aquino had the last laugh after shaming local church leaders in front of the pope.
- Filipino priests and clergy have started to sell their smart phones on eBay after being admonished by Pope Francis to give up worldly possessions.
- The Aquinos and Marcoses have finally reconciled, thanks to the yellow raincoat Imelda Marcos wore at the papal mass in Tacloban.
- A new movie idol is born – a very good-looking Theologian who sang the responsorial psalm during the papal mass at the Manila Cathedral.
- President Aquino, who complained about criticism of his thinning hair by the clergy, received a special gift from Pope Francis — a skullcap to cover his head.
- President Aquino quit smoking. He now inhales holy incense instead.
- Former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Bong Revilla, Jinggoy Estrada and businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles, are back in jail after a 5-day reprieve to impress the pope.
- Visitors to The Vatican will now have a new painting to look at, bearing the images of Pope Francis, Vilma Santos, Marian Rivera, DingDong Dantes, Coco Martin, Kris Aquino and Senator Grace Poe. It will be displayed at the Sistine Chapel.
- Speaking of Kris Aquino …well, we’d rather not say!
Viva il Papa! Mabuhay, Philippines!