Manila, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles) – The exclusion of award-winning actress Nora Aunor from this year’s list of National Artists has created an uproar among many Filipinos here and abroad. All blame points to President NoyNoy Aquino.
Here are the top ten reasons Aquino snubbed La Aunor:
- Nora Aunor has an uncanny resemblance to ex-President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
- President Aquino is reserving a spot for his sister, Kris Aquino
- President Aquino received thousands of emails from Vilmanians opposing Aunor’s nomination
- President Aquino believes that Aunor is a Marcos Loyalist
- Aunor has won more awards and recognition than Aquino
- Aunor’s past drug problem might bring attention to Aquino’s own addiction
- President Aquino thinks that in order to be a National Artist, one must be able to paint
- In making his final choices for National Artist, Aquino played ‘jack n poy’ with Vice President Jejomar Binay
- President Aquino wanted a nominee from his home province of Tarlac. Aunor is Bicolana
- Aquino wants to live up to his reputation of being clueless.
11. “Aunor” sounds too close to Aquino’s nickname, “Abnoy”
12 thoughts on “TOP TEN REASONS PRESIDENT AQUINO SNUBBED NORA AUNOR AS NATIONAL ARTIST”
How many times have we heard of the phrase – Its not how one has fallen but how one redeems himself. that is important. Its true that a wrong message is sent if a drug addict is honored as a National Artist but arguably, one can also say that an addict can also be inspirational to those that are going through their personal issues and struggles be it with drugs, mental health, adultery or simply poverty. One can say and see that even criminals and drug convicts can rise like a phoenix – and every one can follow. They can covey, that even in the depths of darkness, there is – HOPE ! That is what a Nora Aunor has given to her people – HOPE !
Nora Aunor is an icon. Comparing her to Vilma Santos is not quite close. Vilma chose the political life and Nora just a plain entertainer. Not much to kite from the people and the government but just to do what she do best, entertain!!!! Besides, Nora past on drugs is gone. How many entertainers are involved in drugs, womanizing, sexual inuendos, booz, etc???Nonoy should never get himself involved in this combat of entertainers. He look cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!
A satirical article that does not sound satirical at all
Dear POC, we tried to repost your article on Nora Aunor on FB but got a message that it was removed for being “abusive and spammy.” Is Malacańang trying to censor articles critical of the president?
AND ALL ALONG I THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT HER HAVING THAT BEAUTY MARK ON HER LEFT CHEEK (FACE)!