QUEZON CITY, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Quezon City iBureau) – Reacting to a social media photo post showing her meeting with U.S. officials with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) logo in the background, Philippine Vice President denied any links to the American spy agency. (An Adobo Chronicles investigation confirmed the picture was photoshopped.)
“Obviously, there are elements out there trying to ruin my reputation who will do anything to make me look bad in the eyes of the millions of Filipinos who love and support me,” she told The Adobo Chronicles.
”The only CIA I’m affiliated with is the Committee on International A**holes,” she added.
QUEZON CITY, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – Newly-designated ‘Drug Czar” Leni Robredo is taking her job very seriously. The Vice President wants the country’s drug policies and actions to be evidence-based and data-driven.
So, in a series of directives to members of the Inter-agency Committee on Anti-Illegal Drugs (ICAD), Robredo demanded that the following lists be submitted to her by the year’s end:
- List of drug addicts
- Names of all police officers and other government agents involved in all aspects of drug enforcement
- List of all Filipino men who have mistresses
- Number of Filipino children per family, broken down into “legitimate” and “illegitimate”
- List of bank accounts of all Filipinos aged 18 and over
- List of income sources of all Filipinos to include both employment and business
- List of all Filipinos and non-Filipinos residing in the country with Chinese or Chinese-sounding surnames
- List of all Filipinos living abroad who regularly send Balikbayan boxes to their families in the Philippines
- List of Filipino bishops and priests who could be assigned to do pray-overs every time there is a drug raid (no killings)
Robredo told The Adobo Chronicles that she intends to overhaul the entire war on drugs by basing her decisions on factual information. “We want the truth and nothing but the truth.” she said.
In addition, the Vice President wants all Filipino dual citizens, including Rappler CEO Maria Ressa, to submit a duly-notarized affidavit that they are not engaged whatsoever in the trade of illegal drugs.
Vice President Leni Robredo, the newly-designated Drug Czar has been in office for just days, yet she has already made several claims which she attributes to herself.
In her latest public statement, she proudly announced what she just found out: most illegal drugs in the Philippines come from China. What a stunning discovery, right?
Since the beginning of Rodrigo Duterte’s term as President, he had always acknowledged that China was the biggest source of illegal drugs in the country.
For Robredo, her claim might as well be called a drug bust. Or Duterte could sue her for plagiarism. She was using recycled information and making it her own.