Minneapolis, Minnesota – Michele Bachmann, representative from Minnesota and a candidate for the 2012 Republican nomination for president, is in the news yet again, this time because of sweeping sexist and racist statements she told reporters regarding the U.S. presidential elections.
Bachmann said that America was not ready for a woman president, alluding to Hillary Clinton who is believed to be the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination for president in 2016. She also said that Barack Obama was elected president only because white people felt guilty about slavery.
Pressed by reporters on whether she was planning to seek the Republican presidential nomination again in 2016, Bachmann admitted that she can’t get elected because she’s dumb. “I’ve come to this reality for quite some time now,” she told reporters, “so I’m quite fine with giving up the contest in favor of our Republican boys’ club. But what I won’t give up is my title as ‘Queen of the Tea Party.'” She is the founder of the House Tea Party Caucus.
“Just like the Queen of England, Ms. Bachmann likes to be addressed as ‘Your Highness,’ aides told The Adobo Chronicles.
Moscow, Russia – Though General Motors will soon make Chevy cars a thing of the past in Europe, the American automaker is committed to advancing the Chevy brand in Russia and other former Soviet countries. Or, maybe not. At least not in Russia.
The government of President Valdimir Putin has decreed to permanently ban the sale of Chevy cars in Russia following the airing of a Chevy television commercial during the Sochi Winter Olympics telecast. The Chevy ad features a segment showing a marriage ceremony between two gay men. Russia has existing laws prohibiting the public display of homosexuality, but General Motors sneaked in the gay segment in its car commercial. It may have well been a marketing strategy gone awry.
Now GM will have to find a new market for its Chevy cars elsewhere outside of Russia. Informed sources have secretly indicated to The Adobo Chronicles that GM may auction off its fleet of Chevy cars now parked at Russian dealerships for half price in Central and Southeast Asia.
Manila, Philippines – Since the Philippine Supreme Court upheld a cyber libel law in this democratic nation of almost 100 Million people, the circuit courts of Manila, Quezon City and Makati City reported a sudden upsurge in libel cases filed by famous and infamous individuals. The Philippines’ top court ruled on Tuesday that a cyber crime law penalizing online libel is constitutional, and many critics fear this would all but legalize censorship and crush freedom of speech.
Records from the Clerks of Court from the three metropolitan cities showed dozens of libel cases filed in just the last 24 hours. The Adobo Chronicles obtained the following high-profile law suits prompted by the Supreme Court decision.
Janet Lim-Napoles vs. Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago. Napoles sued Santiago for being grilled and humiliated by the senator during the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing relative to the investigation of the 10 Billion-peso pork barrel scam for which Napoles is among those charged.
Senator Jinggoy Estrada vs. Senator Teofisto Guingona III. Guigona is being sued for “pre-judging” Estrada in last week’s Senate hearing on the pork barrel scam.
Congresswoman Imelda Romualdez Marcos vs. The Estate of Corazon Aquino and former President Fidel Ramos. Marcos is suing for defamation of character in connection with her alleged 3,000 pairs of shoes. She claims she only had 2,686 pairs.
Businessman Cedric Lee vs. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Lee, the alleged mastermind in the mauling of television host Vhong Navarro is suing to dispute NBI’s claim that Lee kissed model Deniece Cornejo in the elevator during the night of the mauling. Lee claims the CCTV video was “doctored” by the NBI.
President NoyNoy Aquino vs. Maria Teresa Martinez, mother of Filipino Olympic figure skater Michael Christian Martinez. Aquino is suing to clear his name in the allegation that Mrs. Martinez sent an email to the Office of the President asking for financial aid for the young Martinez so that he can compete in the Olympics. Aquino said he never received such email.
Senator Nancy Binay vs. The Adobo Chronicles. Binay is suing us for this article we posted on our news site.
As of this writing, dozens of other politicians, television personalities and business executives were lining up in the three courts with legal papers in hand. The Adobo Chronicles will update our readers as soon as we confirm additional libel suits received by the Clerks of Court.
The Philippines’ top court ruled on Tuesday that a cybercrime law penalising online libel is constitutional, disappointing critics who argue it could curb Internet freedom in one of Asia’s most freewheeling democracies.Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-02-philippines-court-cyber-libel-law.html#jCpLe
You must be logged in to post a comment.