We’ve already named our Person of the Year. Now it’s time to reveal our fearless forecast for the coming New Year 2020. In general, our predictions bode well for the Philippines although there are a few sticklers, sticking out like a sore thumb. You’ll easily recognize these sores.
- The Philippines will become a net exporter of crabs and bitter gourd (ampalaya) because of an oversupply of the negas, mostly belonging to the 5% who do not approve of President Rodrigo Duterte.
- Because of the Rice Tariffication Law now in effect, many farm owners will be forced to sell their agricultural land. The loss in rice farming is a big gain for Senator Cynthia Villar’s Vista Land.
- You can never kill Cardo, so despite the fact that the ABS-CBN broadcasting franchise comes to an end in the first quarter of 2020, FPJs “Ang Probinsiyano” lives on. It will just move to GMA Channel 7.
- Love is lovelier the third time around. We predict that Vice President Leni Robredo will again be appointed by Duterte to a Cabinet position, this time as the new Executive Secretary, in place of Salvador Medialdea.
- Rappler CEO Maria Ressa is running out of awards and citiations from foreign media outfits and Human Lies Organizations. But no worries. The defunct Newsweek Magazine will come back to life in 2020 and its first “Person of the Year” is none other that the resurrected Ressa.
- Thanks to grandstanding U.S. Senators — Partrick Leahy and Dick Durbin, U.S. citizens will now be required to obtain a visa when entering the Philippines.
- Meanwhile, Duterte’s “Build, Build, Build” program will be expanded further in 2020, and will be renamed, “Build, Build, Build, Build.”
- Christmas 2020 is just less than a year away, so Jose Marie Chan will come up with a new Christmas album to be released on September 1, 2020.
TO ALL OUR READERS, FOLLOWERS AND SUPPORTERS, A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY YOU ALL RECEIVE THE BEST UNBELIEVABLE NEWS IN 2020!