Hollywood, California (The Adobo Chronicles) – Literally just hours after it released ‘The Interview’ on Google Play, YouTube Movies and Xbox Video, Sony Pictures announced that it has started filming the sequel to the controversial movie about the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
It is believed that the movie which stars Seth Rogen and James Franco was the reason that lead to the hacking of Sony Pictures. North Korea is suspected of being responsible for the cyber attack.
Sony Pictures had earlier cancelled the Christmas Day release of the film, a move that was criticized by many in Hollywood, as well as President Barack Obama.
The video release of the film is expected to generate hundreds of millions of dollars for Sony Pictures, given the worldwide publicity it has generated because of the cyber attack.
Riding on what it expects to be a huge financial success, Sony has signed up Rogen and Franco to do ‘The Interview Part 2.’ The new plot revolves around the assassination of Kim Jong-chul who is Kim Jong-un’s reel and real-life older brother. The film sequel begins with the Jong-chul succeeding his assassinated brother and becoming the new North Korean supreme leader.
Sony Pictures refused to answer reporters’ questions on whether Kim Jong-chul ends up being assassinated in the film sequel.
Asked whether the sequel will be released in theaters or on DVD, a spokesperson for Sony said that the decision will come after it has tallied its profits from the DVD release of ‘The Interview’ (Part 1).
Hollywood, California (The Adobo Chronicles) – It is the most talked about cyber attack. Even the President of the United States weighed in on it.
We’re talking of course about the hacking of Sony Pictures. It has now been confirmed that North Korea was responsible for leaking damning documents from the film company’s top executives, apparently in retaliation for the production of the film, ‘The Interview.’
The flick is a comedy about the assassination of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. It was written, directed and produced by Seth Rogen who also is the lead actor, along with James Franco.
Everyone had something to say about the hacking, including movie fans and critics, media pundits, politicians, activists, the cyber community and Hollywood bigwigs like George Clooney.
As a result of this uber controversy, Sony Pictures has just announced that it will unrelease the film on Christmas Day, December 25 from theaters nationwide.
Hollywood, California (The Adobo Chronicles) – Following the U.S. Government’s confirmation that North Korea was responsible for the cyber attack on Sony Pictures, Hollywood actor James Franco announced that he was changing his name, effectively immediately.
The attack on Sony, conducted by a group calling itself the Guardians of Peace, exposed a number of embarrassing emails between producers and top executives at the movie studio. The group said it was targeting Sony because of its film “The Interview,” a comedy about a pair of American journalists sent to assassinate North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.
Franco is one of the lead actors in the film. The other is Seth Rogen.
“I am changing my name for personal security reasons but also because I like the sound of “James Flacco,” Franco said. President Barack Obama referred to Franco as Flaccoat this morning’s White House press conference during which the president confirmed that the government of Kim Jong Un was responsible for the cyber attack against Sony.