
Doral, Florida (The Adobo Chronicles) – Yesterday, The Adobo Chronicles reported that Donald Trump, franchise owner of the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant was quarantined for 21 days for exhibiting never-before-known symptoms of Ebola.
Today, Trump announced from his undisclosed quarantine quarters that he was canceling the 2015 Miss Universe Pageant scheduled for January in the City of Doral, Florida.
(Doral, incorporated on June 24, 2003, is a city located in north-central Miami-Dade County, Florida. Conveniently located just one mile from Miami International Airport and twelve miles from Downtown Miami, the city is home to approximately 50,213 residents.)
In making the announcement, Trump said that it would be hypocritical of him to continue with the pageant since he has repeatedly asked the Obama administration to ban all incoming flights from Africa for fear of the deadly virus. The African continent sends a huge delegation of contestants to the annual Miss Universe pageant. “There just would ‘t be enough contestants to justify holding the pageant,” he said.
Trump’s many businesses have recently experienced bankruptcies, and it wasn’t clear how the cancellation of the 2015 pageant will impact his overall business empire.
Miami, Florida (The Adobo Chronicles) – Last week, The Adobo Chronicles reported that the reign of Megan Young, current title holder of the Miss World Beauty Pageant, has been extended for one full year. Impressed by the Filipina beauty’s talent, eloquence and popularity, The Miss World Organisation announced that the Filipina Beauty has been asked to keep her crown until December 15, 2015.
Atlantic City, New Jersey (The Adobo Chronicles) – There may be a reason that the venue for the next Miss Universe Pageant has not yet been identified. Is it because its owner, Donald Trump, is in financial trouble? Will the pageant, which was first staged in 1952, be shut down?
You must be logged in to post a comment.