MANILA, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – The recently-declared Enhanced Community Quarantine for the entire Luzon island due to the threat of further spread of COVID-19 or the corononavirus has its pros and cons.
But let’s focus on the pros, particularly the huge money savings for Filipinos in the areas under quarantine because of the temporary closure or suspension of businesses. Here’s a partial list:
- POGOs are suspended
- LOTTO is suspended
- SOGOs are closed
- Beer houses are closed
- Massage parlors are closed
- Retail shops at Malls are closed
- Starbucks is closed, except for take-outs
- McDonald’s is closed, except for take-outs
- Jollibee is closed, except for take-outs
- Government offices , except for those in charge of essential service are closed, and that means savings on bribes.
Be safe, everyone!