MANILA, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – One can only imagine a day in the prison life of Senator Leila De Lima. Kept in solitary confinement. No access to the outside world. Non-nutritious meals. No Exercise. Nada, Nothing, Zilch.
So The Adobo Chronicles investigative team visited De Lima. Unannounced. We wanted to capture what a day looks like for the incarcerated Senator.
Here are the highlights:
- Freedom to write notes and issue statements using official Senate stationery.
- Access to Senate resolutions and the opportunity to sign them (the latest was the Senate resolution asking the Supreme Court to review its decision to oust Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno.
- Freedom to tweet and retweet.
- Occasional requests for saging na saba for her snack or dessert.
- Freedom to accept food delivery from ChowKing, courtesy of Kris Aquino.
- Freedom to wear her favorite wardrobe — including her signature scarf — instead of the orange or striped prison garb.
- Daily cold showers.
- Freedom to attend Zumba classes at Camp Crame and we have a video to prove it: