QUEZON CITY, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – Newly-designated ‘Drug Czar” Leni Robredo is taking her job very seriously. The Vice President wants the country’s drug policies and actions to be evidence-based and data-driven.
So, in a series of directives to members of the Inter-agency Committee on Anti-Illegal Drugs (ICAD), Robredo demanded that the following lists be submitted to her by the year’s end:
- List of drug addicts
- Names of all police officers and other government agents involved in all aspects of drug enforcement
- List of all Filipino men who have mistresses
- Number of Filipino children per family, broken down into “legitimate” and “illegitimate”
- List of bank accounts of all Filipinos aged 18 and over
- List of income sources of all Filipinos to include both employment and business
- List of all Filipinos and non-Filipinos residing in the country with Chinese or Chinese-sounding surnames
- List of all Filipinos living abroad who regularly send Balikbayan boxes to their families in the Philippines
- List of Filipino bishops and priests who could be assigned to do pray-overs every time there is a drug raid (no killings)
Robredo told The Adobo Chronicles that she intends to overhaul the entire war on drugs by basing her decisions on factual information. “We want the truth and nothing but the truth.” she said.
In addition, the Vice President wants all Filipino dual citizens, including Rappler CEO Maria Ressa, to submit a duly-notarized affidavit that they are not engaged whatsoever in the trade of illegal drugs.