DAVAO CITY, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – The transition team of Rodrigo Duterte has been very busy putting together the president-elect’s economic plan as well as a list of priority reforms he would like to implement as soon as he assumes office on June 30.
Among Duterte’s plans were to impose curfew, limit the sales of alcohol, ban smoking in public and regulating the operating hours of karaoke bars.
Today, Duterte’s team also released to the media a list of songs that will be permanently banned from being played in karaoke bars. The list includes:
- “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
- “My Way” by Frank Sinatra
- “Total Eclipse Of The Heart” by Bonnie Tyler
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- “Let It Go” by Edina Menzel
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Memory” (from Cats) by Barbra Streisand
- “And I Am Telling You” by Jennifer Hudson
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
- “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” by Madonna
- “Endless Love” by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
The transition team says it welcomes additions to the list. Let us know in the comments section what other songs you want banned from karaoke bars.