ATLANTA, Georgia (The Adobo Chronicles) – CNN, the first and most respected 24-hour cable news network, launched on June 1, 1980. On that day, 35 years later, the network will look back at the biggest stories in the network’s history.
Here are the highlights of those amazing 35 years:
- Don Lemon, telling black people they shouldn’t wear baggy pants, use the N-word, litter, drop out of school, or have kids out of wedlock.
- Don Lemon, suggesting that the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 may have been kidnapped by a higher power or swallowed by a black hole.
- Don Lemon, suggesting to a rape victim that she could’ve easily shut down the alleged rape by biting Bill Cosby’s penis.
- Don Lemon, reporting from Ferguson, telling viewers about the smell of marijuana in the air.
- Don Lemon, after being photographed for a feature article on GQ magazine, asking the photographer if he does “nudes.”
- Anderson Cooper’s greatest moments: his uncontrollable giggles.
- As for Wolf Blitzer — now don’t get us started.
Happy Birthday, CNN!