MANILA, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – In 2014, The Adobo Chronicles broke the story about a new mental condition called ‘selfitis.’ As confirmed by the American Psychiatric Association, the mental disorder involves the obssessive-compulsive taking of selfies and posting them on social media. Three levels of the disease were confirmed: borderline, acute and chronic.
Now, the Philippine Mental Health Association (PMA) is confirming the spread of a new mental illness called Fulselfitis.
PMA said this condition afflicts many Filipinos, most of whom are identified with the Liberal Party, Opposition and the Yellow groups. It said Fulselfitis is an abbreviation for the condition of being “full of one’s self.” (In Tagalog, masyadong bilib sa sarili.)
Among the symptoms of Fulselfitis are:
- Extraordinary self-confidence leading to a feeling of perfection
- High-grade fever of 103 F or higher which results in hallucination
- Extreme allergy to any mention of Duterte
- A significant reduction of I.Q.
- Jaundice or yellowing of the eyes and skin
PMA is urging those experiencing these symptoms to immediately seek the care of a licensed psychiatrist. It must be noted, however, that this is not covered under PhilHealth.