Not since Ferdinand E. Marcos have Filipinos been ruled by a dictator. Make that tyrant. Here are the top reasons why Rodrigo Duterte perfectly fits into the dictator/tyrant profile.
Filipinos should be afraid. Very afraid.
- He has said many times: “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.”
- Incarcerated Senator Leila De Lima is free to use Senate stationery to criticize him.
- There have not been any departure hold orders for the likes of VP Leni Robredo, Senators Trillanes and Hontiveros, Edgar Matobato.
- That woman Agnes Callamard was not barred from entering (or leaving) the Philippines
- Commission on Human Rights Chair Chito Gascon continues to be a free man.
- Malacañang doors remain open to all, including rebels and communists.
- He has accepted the rejection by the Commission on Appointments of his Cabinet appointees.
- Inquirer, Rappler, ABS-CBN and GMA News remain open.
- Australian Jim Paredes is free to travel back and forth to the Philippines
- Raissa Robles’ Twitter Account has not been shut down. Her one and only book has not been banned.
- He has declared a ‘National Day Of Protest’ so that his critics can hold rallies and burn his effigy.
- He has not defied any Supreme Court decisions or Congressional actions.
- He just laughs off references to him as a psychopath, murderer, mad man. And yes, dictator and tyrant.