LAS VEGAS, Nevada (The Adobo Chronicles) – It’s all hype, this ‘Fight of the Century’ billing for the Pacquiao-Mayweather match at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Saturday night. It’s now the morning after, and people around the world are calling it the ‘Scam of the Century.’
Here are the top 10 reasons why:
- There were actually three, not two fighters: Pacquiao, Mayweather and Tecate. That’s why the national anthem of Mexico was also sung.
- It wasn’t a boxing match. Rather, it was hug and run.
- There were no swollen faces, cuts, bruises. And no blood. That’s a first.
- It’s all for show. Mayweather’s $25,000 mouthguard was studded in gold and diamonds.
- Pacquiao’s ‘Jesus’ t-shirt was sponsored by the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines.
- Justin Bieber looked even more like a fool next to Mayweather. So did late night show host Jimmy Kimmel marching into the ring behind Pacquiao.
- Paris Hilton was in the house.
- Pacquiao’s mom, Mommy D, was NOT in the house.
- Staff of The Adobo Chronicles paid $72 a piece, after taxes, for a front-row seat at Dave & Buster’s Sports Bar. We were’t even served Tecate beer, or San Miguel beer for that matter.
- It’s not about the money. Tell that to Pay-per-View, HBO, Showtime and MGM Grand. And oh, Pacquiao is now also called Money Pacquiao, and Mayweather, Much More Money Mayweather.