MANILA, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Manila Bureau) – 2023 estimates show the Philippines’ total population at 113 million. It is expected to reach 120 million in the next four years. Here are the top five reasons, according to population experts:
- Companies have shifted most of their operations to “work from home” (WFH) which increases pregnancy by almost 100% among office workers.
- The addition of four more U.S. military bases in the country, bringing the total to nine under the Enhanced Defense Cooperative Agreement or EDCA. Experts are, however, at a loss on whether to add Filipino babies fathered by Americans to the Philippine or U.S. population count.
- The recent importation by the government of onions to help deal with the artificial short supply and increasing prices. Onions are known to increase testosterone levels.
- The increasing popularity of talaba (oysters), also known to be great aphrodisiacs.
- The increasing time Filipinos spend on online porn sites.
The Philippines is currently the 7th most populous country in Asia, and is expected to climb up a notch or two by 2027 or 2028.