SAN FRANCISCO, California (The Adobo Chronicles, San Francisco Bureau) – Whether they live in California, New York, Manila or Baguio, Filipinos can be productive while under home quarantine or shelter-in-place.
Here are some tips from The Adobo Chronicles:
- Disinfect all rooms and areas of your home, and don’t forget to disinfect the plastic covering of your expensive couch and dining chairs.
- This would be a good time to practice and improve on your singing. You do have a videoke machine in your home, don’t you?
- Brush up on your word knowledge. Play scrabble but maintain a safe distance from the other players, and don’t forget to wear your designer masks and disposable hand gloves.
- If you don’t have a scrabble game, play a game of dama, using tanzan (bottle caps) from the case of San Mig Light you and your friends drank last night.
- Teach your children proper hygiene by asking them to wash the dishes with soap and water after each meal.
- Do some cupboard and refrigerator spring cleaning. Get rid of jars and bottles of bagoong and atchara that’s been sitting there for years!
- Do some dusting on items that could harbor viruses and bacteria, especially your giant wood-carved spoon and fork, your wall carpet of The Last Supper and your capiz shell lampshades.
- Sit down and make a list of the people you borrowed cash from but were never paid back. When the home quarantine is over, pay them back. After all, you’ll be saving a lot of money by staying home.
- Open your baul (treasure chest), retrieve old family photos and reminisce those days of bellbottoms and platform shoes.
- Still bored? Embark on a home science project: try to separate the ingredients of your 3 in 1 coffee.