QUEZON CITY, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles, Quezon City Bureau) – In a scathing rebuke of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte and his war on illegal drugs, Vice President Leni Robredo said there is no drug problem in the Philippines.
Robredo finally released her findings and recommendations resulting from her two-week stint as co-chair of the Inter-agency Committee on Anti-illegal Drugs (ICAD).
Highlighted in her report was a graph showing that only less than 1% of the estimated volume of consumption of shabu had been seized by authorities. She said the remaining 99% had already been consumed.
Ergo, there are no more illegal drugs in the country. Just like many viruses that have plagued the Philippines, shabu has been totally eradicated.