Manila, Philippines (The Adobo Chronicles) – The exclusion of award-winning actress Nora Aunor from this year’s list of National Artists has created an uproar among many Filipinos here and abroad. All blame points to President NoyNoy Aquino.
Here are the top ten reasons Aquino snubbed La Aunor:
- Nora Aunor has an uncanny resemblance to ex-President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
- President Aquino is reserving a spot for his sister, Kris Aquino
- President Aquino received thousands of emails from Vilmanians opposing Aunor’s nomination
- President Aquino believes that Aunor is a Marcos Loyalist
- Aunor has won more awards and recognition than Aquino
- Aunor’s past drug problem might bring attention to Aquino’s own addiction
- President Aquino thinks that in order to be a National Artist, one must be able to paint
- In making his final choices for National Artist, Aquino played ‘jack n poy’ with Vice President Jejomar Binay
- President Aquino wanted a nominee from his home province of Tarlac. Aunor is Bicolana
- Aquino wants to live up to his reputation of being clueless.
11. “Aunor” sounds too close to Aquino’s nickname, “Abnoy”